Sunday, July 8, 2012

First fourth of july.


Last year on the 4th of July, I was SUPER pregnant. This year, it was so fun to celebrate one of my favorite holidays with our baby girl!

Almost every year, we celebrate the 4th of July at my family's cabin in Hawick, MN. We used to go into Downtown Spicer to watch the fireworks, but traffic is so bad on the way there and back. So this year, we stayed at the cabin and watched fireworks over the lake. The bugs were so bad, we didn't go out on the boat and I decided to go in early. I think I saw a firework or two.

So interested in her first sparkler.

Since Linna is still little, she can't stay up late to watch the fireworks. So we lit sparklers for her instead. She thought they were pretty cool, especially when we sang "You're a Grand Ol' Flag" when playing with the sparklers.

Linna and her pink toes, painted by Cousin Maris.

MAN was it hot outside all week at the cabin! Temps hit 100-degrees! Thank goodness we're on the lake. Linna LOVED playing in the water and she even got to swim out in the middle of the lake when Uncle Jon took us on a boat ride. Linna would have swam all day if we would have let her, and she probably would have just napped in her little floater. The baby floater we have at the cabin is the same floater me and all of my cousins used as babies!


Linna also had her toes painted for the first time by Cousin Maris. Hot pink of course:) Linna showed off her "where's your tummy?" skills, as well as her down-dog yoga moves. Thanks to Auntie Lisa for getting Linna her adorable 4th of July dress. WE obviously had to set up a 4th of July photo shoot in the dress outside... American flag backdrop and all;)



My favorite memory from this week was our impromptu family cuddle session. AJ was laying with Linna in our bed, and was hummimg her songs (she loves this). Linna was drinking her bottle and just started cracking up. We have no idea what was so funny, but my husband and little bug melted my heart with their adoreable-ness:) Mama has to jump in on the cuddle session too!


Hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment