Thursday, August 27, 2015

My big, fat, pregnancy meltdown.

At least Kim Kardashian has a make-up artist to make her ugly-cry
seem less ugly. My pregnant a*s, does not.
I'm not even going to try and sugar-coat this week. It's been a roller-coaster of emotions, and the week isn't even over yet. While these may be first-world problems, they're situations that have been building, resulting in a full-blown, Kim Kardashian ugly cry, hormonal melt-down via Skype with Papa Saigh this morning.

I am currently living in my parents' basement with our 4-year-old and my gigantic pregnant belly, while Papa Saigh wraps things up for us in Singapore (thank you, Papa Saigh). We are currently searching for a home in the west metro of the Twin Cities, in a complete sellers market.

Awesome.

While I'm very thankful to my parents for letting us stay with them rent-free, I'm sure you can understand my desire to have my own space. I have looked at dozens of home from Chaska and Mound, up to the top of Plymouth. At one point, Papa Saigh wanted me to consider Delano. Gah! Because of the amazing Chinese immersion program and school district in Minnetonka, we decided to send our kids there. We found a fantastic home in Minnetonka a couple weeks ago that had been on the market for months and recently dropped in price, so we decided to put an offer in on it (well below asking price, but within our budget). Of course, we were outbid by another party, and moving on from that house was rough for this pregnant and hormonal mama. Papa Saigh had to fly back to Singapore the day we found out that we didn't get the house.

Woof.

This week, we found another fantastic house in south Plymouth that I fell in love with... Enough to bring our 4-year-old to and ask for her thoughts. It has a huge, fenced-in backyard with a playhouse that Linna loved. Papa Saigh fell in love with it as well, even though he never actually stepped foot inside it. The house had been on the market for months, and the price had dropped significantly in recent weeks/days, but it was still over our budget. We decided to put in an offer (lower than asking price), as the seller seemed extremely motivated to sell), only to be countered at FULL asking price.

SO frustrating.

Since we loved the house so much, we decided to stretch our budget and offer a bit more, and the seller decided to work with us. Yay! Yesterday, we came to a reasonable agreement and we were ready to proceed with the purchase agreement. I was thrilled to finally see a light at the end of this long, exhausting, house-hunting tunnel, and started making plans to move us into the house as quickly as possible (the seller agreed to close on the house within the next month). At 10 p.m. last night, we received an email from our realtor saying the the seller was having "second thoughts" and he rescinded his offer.

Are you f-ing KIDDING me?!

I know the situation was beyond our control, and the house was never really ours, but I think I experienced every emotion possible last night. I wanted to call the seller and give him a piece of my emotionally unstable and hormonally-unbalanced mind. I bawled my eyes out to Papa Saigh via Skype, while our 4-year-old watched me in confusion. I felt like the universe seriously wanted me to be a pregnant, "single mom", living in her parents' basement for the rest of my life.

Today was NOT a good day.

I am trying really hard to suck it up and pull it together for the sake of our 4-year-old, but this house-hunting experience f-ing sucks. I'm doing my best to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and have faith that the right house IS actually out there. It's just tough being 27 weeks pregnant, and imagining having to birth my baby in my parents' basement (I know that's being a bit dramatic, but this is where my head is at). I'm a very particular and "picky" person, so you can imagine how difficult it is for me to look beyond certain "cosmetic" defects during our home search. I am doing my best to compromise so we can actually find a home in our price range, but there's only so much cat-piss smelling, hoarder-looking, beaten-up house searching one person can do.

*DEEP BREATH*

Now, back to searching...

No comments:

Post a Comment