Thursday, December 8, 2011

4 months.


How is it that we have a 4-month-old baby! I say it every month, but TIME FLIES!


Linna is still such a good baby, but we've definitely ventured into some uncharted territory the past few days. We're not sure if Linna is teething, but bed time has tuned into such a chore. Linna used to go down so easily around 10pm or so (we put her to bed when we go to bed to get a full 8 hours of sleep), and she'd sleep until 10am or so.

Lately, she's been waking up earlier, which is to be expected, so we started putting her down around 9pm. The 9pm bed time has tuned into an hour or more ordeal and she's so fussy. She eats about 5 oz. (still exclusively breast fed from a bottle) or more before bed, and is obviously tired, but it's like she can't "turn it off" and fall asleep. It looks like one of her lower canine teeth is coming in, but she doesn't have a fever, isn't fussy during the day, etc. It's just at night. Last night, she finally fell asleep at 10:30pm, fussed at 4:30am, 5am, 7am, and is still sleeping at 9am. I don't get her out of the crib, but I go in pat her put and she sucks on her fingers until she falls back asleep. I think we're going to try an earlier bed time and once we talk to the pediatrician, we may start her on rice cereal. I don't want to start until 6 months, but if she's ready and hungry we will try it! She does really well with naps throughout the day and is kind of on her own little schedule. If she wants a long nap, she takes one. If she wants a cat nap, she'll take one.

Cheek sandwiches with Papa when he gets home from work
Linna has also started babbling a lot! She loves to look at people and babble "ohhhhhh's" and "ahhhhhh's" at the top of her lungs. I think she likes hearing her voice:) When she's hungry, she hates if we set her down to go get her bottle warmed up, and will cry as we walk away. It's cute, but so sad:( I don't want her to be one of those kids that is super attached to her parents and cries when we leave the room, so we just talk to her from the other room and let her fuss for a few minutes.

Linna is such a smiley little baby! She loves talking to her Papa. She's still sleeping on her tummy, drools so much (wakes up in a puddle), and her hands are always in her mouth. She's still only pooping every 4-7 days, and her poops are still a sight and smell to be seen (I would post a photo, but I don't want to offend people). Linna loves taking in everything around her, starring at everything! One of her cutest moments, is when she becomes tired, she just sighs so loudly and for so long. It's like she wants the world to know, "hey, I'm tired and I need my beauty sleep". She's kind of a drama queen, and I have NO IDEA where she gets it;)

Meeting Great Grandma Krek for the first time! "Who are you lady?"

Great Grandma Krekelberg got to meet Linna for the first time this month too! Grandma lives in Worthington, so Papa Saigh and I drove Linna down to see her. Linna just LOVED Great Grandma K. Linna was talking and smiling the entire time. Linna is my grandma's first great-granddaughter (she has three great-grandsons), so this visit was so special!

She loves napping on mommy and daddy's big bed.
Linna is also now registered with a local modeling agency and went on her first audition for a national toy company print ad this past week! She did a pretty good job. There were so many kids there, and they really got everyone in and out. We'll see if she gets the job. She's just so good in front of the camera! She's been on TWIN CITIES LIVE and Kare 11 Today with me, and it's been so nice to be able to take her to "work" with me.

I really think Linna is starting to look SO MUCH like her papa, and other people are noticing it as well. I also see myself in her, but she is literally a female version of Papa Saigh

What do you think?

First time on Santa's lap. She was so
calm, cool and collected about this!
I'm absolutely loving being home with my baby bean, and I wouldn't change it for the world! We're going to sign up for ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) classes and a swimming class soon, so she's around other kids. We went to one ECFE class last week, and she just starred at all the kids. It was so cute.

Bath time with Linna may be one of my favorite things ever. I take baths with Linna every other day, and she just LOVES the tub. If we put her on her tummy she tires to swim, and if she's on her back, she kicks and puts her hands in her mouth to suck off the water. She's such a little fish.

Meeting cousin Rosco for the first time.
This weekend, Papa Saigh and I are going to Lutsen with friends, and we're leaving Linna home with MeMaw (Grandma Saigh) and Nana (my mom).

Uh oh, baby is up! We'll talk with you all soon. Thanks again for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment