Friday, March 24, 2017

Traveling with kids.

When it comes to traveling with little ones, I've done my fair share. Over the past 5 years, I've survived multiple "single mama" flights back and forth from Singapore to Minnesota (19 hours of travel "bliss"), domestic flights with both kids, and I spend more than enough time in the car every day with my littles. I've experienced mid-flight diaper blowouts, toddler meltdowns at the airport and on planes, both kids screaming in the car at the same time, and countless "Mom, I'm bored" moments.

Traveling with kids kinda sucks.

While we can't always leave the little rascals at home, I've learned to just try and make traveling with the kiddos as painless as possible. This week, I shared some ideas on The Jason Show, in hopes of helping make your next trip with the kids a little bit easier...



1. Use a Plastic Bag to Turn your iPad or Phone into a Hands-Free Screen




2. Car Organizers from Skip Hop



3. Cordless Headphones from LilGadgets

Having a carry-on packed with electronic attached to a tangled mess of wires, STRESSES me OUT! Cordless headphones for plane and car travel are a must when traveling with kids. These cordless headphones by LilGadgets are volume-limited, so they're easy on kids' ears. Fully-charged they give kids 12 hours of listening, and kids can mo
ve freely up to 30 feet away from their entertainment device. It's always a good idea to get your younger kids used to having headphones on, BEFORE you get on a plane (I unfortunately learned this the hard way).


4. Use Shower Caddies from the Dollar Store for Back-Seat Organization




5. Pack Snacks, Treats + Surprises in Pill Organizers from the Dollar Store




6. Pack Grab + Go Snacks 

7. Activities + Games from Target's Dollar Section + The Dollar Store


I like to pack each activity, craft, or game in its own Ziplock bag, so I don't have
small pieces floating around in my carry-on.


8. RideSafer Travel Vest as an Alternative to Bulky Car Seats

We've been using our RideSafer Travel Vest for the past two years, and it has been a life-saver.
We used it when we lived in Singapore, and had to rely on taxis to get around. It's so much more
convenient than lugging around a bulky car seat when we travel by plane. It's also great for carpooling!


9. The Ultimate Travel Stroller: Austlen Entourage


(This stroller is insane. With a one-second expansion, storage capacity of
150 lbs., and over 30 configurations, the Austlen Entourage is life-changing. It
can be a single or double stroller, and we love the Jump Seat option for our
5-year-old. Can you imagine trips to the grocery store without having to use a shopping
cart, or getting through the airport without renting a baggage cart?! I'm in stroller heaven!)

No comments:

Post a Comment