Monday, August 7, 2017

To my almost 6-year-old.

My how time flies. Tomorrow, our first-born will turn 6 years old! And this fall, our baby girl will be in first grade. She's the little love-bug that inspired this blog nearly 7 years ago, when we found out that she was growing inside my belly.

Miss Linna, you are a sensitive, creative, sassy little lady, that truly keeps us on our toes. This year has opened my eyes to the reality that you are 100% your mother's daughter. Your wit, sass, and argumentative personality will serve you well in life, but also drives your mama crazy. You are quite the little diva, but also have an incredibly loving soft-spot for your baby brother. I know how much he annoys you, but your love for him is truly heart-warming. Your baby brother is your biggest fan, and you are his first role-model, teacher, and best friend. I wish you could see how lost he is when you aren't around.

Your love for learning, curiosity, and desire to follow the rules, while still pushing the limits, will take you far in life. You're so kind to everyone you meet, and I hope you continue to spread that gift. The giggles and laughter that come out of you every day are infectious. Your jokes and stories are always surprising, and give life to our home and family. I love that you want to marry me and live in our house forever. I hope this never changes.

I think you're really going to find your place on the dance stage this year, as well as in the classroom. While you're losing a handful of your kindergarten classmates to different teachers this year, I have no doubt that you will make new friends, and keep the old. You'll all be back together sooner than you know. I am so inspired by your thirst for knowledge, and your interest in the Chinese culture and language. You're the "spice" that brings together our "Asian-American" family.

Look how much you've grown, kiddo!

We are so proud of the little lady you have become, and are anxious to watch you grow even more as a 6-year-old. But seriously, slow down. How are you 6?! I hope you always keep your innocence, your baby face, and your love for your family... Especially the love you have for me.

XO,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment