Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Baby saigh #3 pregnancy: 29 weeks.

This week, I jump into week 30 of my final pregnancy. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is moving along. While I'm super uncomfortable and tired, I'm not ready to be done... Nor, are we even close to being ready for the arrival of Baby Saigh #3. Baby clothes (the few items I saved) are still in bins in the basement, we haven't transitioned Jimmy (age 2) into Linna's (age 6) room yet, and we're still ordering and collecting the baby gear we got rid of after Baby Saigh #2. But honestly, I feel like I'm in a super "chill" state of mind this time around.

28 weeks pregnant with Baby Saigh #3.

With my other two pregnancies, I became obsessed with having everything perfect and in place MONTHS before the baby arrived. After the birth of my first two babies, my expectations weren't met, and things didn't always go as planned... Which is expected. But I wasn't ready for things to not go the way I planned, and my feelings of "failure" led me down a dark path to postpartum depression and anxiety. A place I never want to end up again.

So, this time around, I'm taking the "chill" approach. Because let's be honest, all babies really need is a safe place to sleep, a boob or bottle to eat from, diapers, warm clothes, and lots of snuggles. While I'll be working on gathering all the other baby "fillers and fluff" over the next couple months, I'm sure we'll be set once this little one makes his or her debut.

Third kid means a third-row vehicle. I'm loving my new Volkswagen Atlas.

Our Christmas card this year. Photo cred: Jayme Peterson

My hips are incredibly sore, and sleeping has become a struggle since I can only sleep on my sides. I waddle, I take a hot minute to stand up or get my pregnant self up from the floor, and I desperately need to start going to yoga. I also have horrible acid reflux at night (and all day), which I try to keep under control with Ranitidine (150 mgs, 3X/day). It often gets so bad that I literally vomit in my sleep, and choke on it.

I know, it's disgusting, right?!

This week, I started sleeping alone in our oldest's bed, while she sleeps with Papa Saigh in our bed. Our bed has become super uncomfortable for me and my ol' hips. I'm also waking up 2-3 times/night to pee. The baby's moves have recently become jabs and punches that often take my breath away. I'm anxious for my exam next week, because I feel like this baby is sitting really low in my pelvis. I can literally feel sharp movements in my nether-regions, but I remember feeling this type of movement at this point during my other two pregnancies. I also failed my glucose test last week, so I have to do the 3-hour test next week to see whether or not I have gestational diabetes. I passed the initial test with both of my previous pregnancies, but I've gained a lot more weight and have been eating poorly this time around. Whoops!

Enjoying a nap with my current baby.

Jimmy getting in some "big brother" practice with my friend's baby Everly.

We're still waiting to find out the gender of this baby, and at this point we don't have a boy or girl name picked out yet. The "plan" is to go into the hospital with a list of options, and wait to see what the baby looks like before we name him or her. It should be interesting around the time of my due date, because my parents will be in Florida, and my mother-in-law will be recovering from knee surgery. My sister is "on-call" when I go into labor, and other than that, we have no plan. Since Papa Saigh works a lot, I'll be searching for someone to come in and help me during the first few months after the baby is born. While my doctor and I have a plan to prevent a third round of postpartum depression/anxiety from happening, I know that asking for and receiving help is KEY when I'm healing and trying to figure out my groove as a mom of three. I'm not setting any expectations for myself, my kids, my husband, or the new baby, and I'm committed to working with whatever comes our way. Most importantly, I'll be taking things as slow and relaxed as possible.

Our kids in their new bunk beds (by Birch Lane).

Oh, and I just realized that my due date lands right around our first-grader's spring break at school. So, if the baby arrives "on time", I'll have all three kiddos home for a week... All. The. Time.

Should be interesting.

We'll be spending the next couple months prepping for the arrival of Baby Saigh #3, but I'm also trying to enjoy every kick and movement in my belly... No matter how uncomfortable they might be. I'm so thankful for this little person growing inside me, and still can't believe we'll have a third child in the house. We can't wait to meet you, Baby!

2 comments:

  1. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about that newborn baby clothes I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting information and attractive.This blog is really rocking... Yes, the post is very interesting and I really like it. you share nice article with us. thanks for sharing about Best babies products. i appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete