Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Summer 2018: 3 months home with all 3 kids.

Three weeks into summer, I was hiding in the bathroom to escape my children, uttering "What the serious f*ck?!" under my breath more often than I care to admit, and counting down the minutes {ok, seconds} until I could send my two big kids back to school. But now that the 7-year-old and 2.5-year-old are settling into their 2nd-grade and preschool routines, I kind of {I repeat... "KIND of"} miss having them around all day every day.

Ok, I'm probs only saying this because I just finished putting together this cute video of all the fun we had this summer {next year I'm totally making a video of all the whining, fighting, complaining that goes on}. While summer literally seemed to drag on at times, our little family of 5 sure did share a lot of laughs, fun with family and friends, cabin time, and some glorious Vitamin D. When spring rolls around next year, and you hear me saying "I don't think I'm going to put my kids in many camps/classes, because I really want to just enjoy them this summer"... Stop me, shake me, and forge my signature on any all-day camp registration forms. That's my inner "crazy" talking.

Thanks for the memories, Summer of 2018. You were a beast of a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment