Friday, June 10, 2011

30 weeks.

Photo taken by Cider Press Studios
Well, it's happened.  I've become an uncomfortable, swollen, waddling, 30-week pregnant lady:(

First of all, let me say that I know I am blessed to have made it to 30 weeks in my pregnancy, but MAN... am I uncomfortable!  Everything from my feet to my hips hurt.  The last few months of my pregnancy have been great!  I've felt our little girl move around, I love watching my belly grow, and I finally got my energy back after a horrible first trimester.  But about a week ago, things started changing.

Little "LJ" is getting so big and she loves to move around all the time.  The problem is, there's not much room for her to play inside my belly.  I think I can literally feel her every movement... even when she wants to tap dance on my rib cage:)

Sleeping has become quite the event as well.  As many of you mamas know, the only position you can sleep in when you're pregnant is on your side.  Well, that KILLS my hips.  I toss and turn all night.  My mom got me a great body pillow for my birthday, which helps, but I want nothing more than to be able to sleep on my tummy!  When I'm sitting for long periods of time, I don't think "LJ" likes it much, because she makes her movements very sharp and known!  And even though our little bean only weighs about 3 lbs., I feel like I'm carrying around a watermelon.  I never thought I'd be "that pregnant lady" that waddles... but I am definitely a "waddler".  It's almost impossible not to!

Thanks for the popsicles
Auntie Lisa.
During my pregnancy, popsicles have become my best friend.  I am in love with Mr. Freezes.  I sometimes find myself eating almost a dozen in one day, which is a huge mistake because all that sugar makes me yack!

Not only is my tummy growing, but so are my feet.  Last Friday, while my husband and I were at Cirque Du Soleil's OVO, my feet started to hurt and I looked down to find some swollen little piggies!  Every now and then, they swell up, which makes me so uncomfortable.  My doctor just tells me to watch it, and keep my feet up when it happens.  My mom told me that when she was pregnant with my brother, sister and I, her feet and legs would swell so much that she couldn't even walk!  Yikes.

Here's a great tip though mamas-to be!  Someone told me a few weeks ago that having your hubby rub a tennis ball on your back can alleviate back pain.  Since my back is another one of my "pregnancy issues", we tried it tonight and what a relief!  This "massage" makes your entire aching body feel so much better.  Hopefully my husband is up to this service every night for the next two months:)

Here's to 10 more weeks!

PS, the above photo of me was taken at a shoot last week by Julie Feldman of Cider Press Studios.  I will be posting more photos and info on my website (www.minnesotababy.org) on Sunday, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment