Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Two easy, healthy, inexpensive & yummy side-dishes.

We ate very well this weekend, while Linna and I were at my in-laws house. My mother-in-law, Pammy (AKA "MeMaw") is a fabulous cook, and she made these two side dishes for dinner last night (served along-side some grilled pork chops). They were definitely good enough to share the recipe... and easy enough to possibly get me in the kitchen to cook them for my little family. Enjoy!

Brussles Sprouts:

Chop up some raw brussles sprouts and saute them in a little bit of olive oil. Add in some browned, slivered almonds, and dried cranberries. Yum!

Harvest Grains:

Saute some chopped onions, then cook the Harvest Grains mix (from Trader Joes) with chicken broth. So delicious!

So easy, no exact amounts, and you can probably come up with your own spin on these delicious side dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment