Thursday, March 13, 2014

Singing "twinkle twinkle" in chinese.

Linna taking over Papa Saigh's office.
Today, Linna and I made a surprise visit to Papa Saigh's office in Singapore. As Linna was walking around the office, she was singing to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and I thought she was just making up words. One of my husband's co-workers popped her head out of her cubical and said, "Ohhhhh, she knows Mandarin!". I was like, "Is that was she's singing?!". The woman replied, "Oh yes, and very well."

Wow.

For months I've been thinking that our 2.5-year-old, who has been attending a Chinese nursery school here in Singapore since January, was just speaking toddler "jibber jabber" when she sings songs around the house. But apparently, she's singing in Chinese!

Unreal.

It's amazing what little ones can learn... and QUICKLY! Mama and Papa Saigh better brush up on their Mandarin-speaking skills. I wish I would have taken video of Linna singing in Papa Saigh's office (it was so cute - and her words were very clear), but I had her sing the song when we got home. As you can see... she's sleepy:)


We are so proud of you Linna Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment