Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mama saigh's chicken couscous salad.

I made my first couscous salad about a month ago, after a friend made a delicious recipe for a dinner party one night. How I had never made couscous until now, is beyond me. It's quickly becoming a staple meal in our household, and the recipe possibilities are endless.

I really wish our 2.5-year old would eat it, but I'll just keep offering it to her until she's ready to try it on her "own time". Until then, more couscous for Mama and Papa Saigh! Here's my latest couscous concoction... and it is fantastic. Plus, it is pretty simple and inexpensive to make, especially when roasted chicken is on sale at the market.

Remember, all the ingredient amounts can be increased or decreased to your liking. Simply combine, and serve it as a hot or chilled dish. I actually prefer it after it's been in the refrigerator for a day.



Ingredients:

1 roasted chicken (chopped or torn into chunks - just the meat, remove the bones)
2-3 cups cooked couscous
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
Juice from half a lemon
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1/2 cup slivered almonds for crunch

No comments:

Post a Comment