Friday, December 12, 2014

Santa in singapore.

Today, I took Linna to see Santa in Singapore. Papa Saigh is in the Philippines for work, and he HATES Singapore malls on the weekend, so I thought I'd check this one off our list while he's out of town. This is the first time we're spending Christmas away from home, so I thought we'd show Linna that Santa comes to Singapore too. The last couple years, Linna has wanted NOTHING to do with sitting on Santa's lap. Last year, at the Macy's Santa Breakfast, Linna let me hold her while she talked to Santa. This year, she was SO excited to see Santa, and she even brought him a treasure map. She's such a character! She walked right up to Santa (who wasn't Asian, much to my surprise), sat on his lap and told him she wanted more Calico Critters (her lateset obsession). I'm hoping Santa doesn't listen, because she has a room FULL of Calico Critters, thanks to Uncle Scotty, Aunt Holly, and my Mom and Dad. Linna also thought it was pretty spectacular that Santa remembered her name when we walked by him a second time to say goodbye... AND Santa knew how to pronounce her name (most people in Singapore call her "LEE-Nah" instead of "Lynn-ah"). This was a very quick, but magical experience for both of us!

Linna and Santa at Tanglin Mall in Singapore.

Unlike in Minnesota, Tanglin Mall (where we went to see Santa) pretty much makes you buy a photo package in order to sit on Santa's lap. They don't allow parents to do their own photography, but Mama Saigh rolled video anyway. I bought the cheapest photo package (two 4X6 photos for $19.95), and I admit that the elves did a great job getting a good photo of Linna on Santa's lap. I took a pic of the pic they took, so I could post it on here:)



Waiting in line. So happy we got there early because
the line was SO long after we got through.

No comments:

Post a Comment