Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Mama saigh's red carpet interviews for us weekly.

Photo in the Pioneer Press of Mama Saigh interviewing Jay leno.
I have to admit, doing celebrity interviews on the red carpet as a one-man-band is not the easiest thing to do. I spent years as a one-man-band, reporting on the news in Austin and Rochester, MN. But never on the red carpet. As a former TV reporter in the Twin Cities, I'm used to having a photographer film my interviews, while I have fun with the people I'm interviewing. While I still had SO much fun on the Starkey Gala's red carpet this past weekend, it was a brand new experience for me. And let's be honest, I'm used to wearing yoga pants and pineapple hair-dos on a daily basis, so getting all fancy and having a kid-free afternoon/evening was a nice change of pace. I was doing some freelance work for US Weekly Magazine on Sunday, and my editor gave me the questions to ask the celebs on the red carpet. Some of the celebs would have chatted with me forever, while others where whisked down the red carpet by their handlers. Jennifer Garner was incredibly sweet, posing for a few press photos, but she didn't stop to talk to any media. Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper shook a few hands, and posed for some photos, but handlers kept them moving down the red carpet, and shut down any press questions. The Starkey Gala is such an incredible event, and a wonderful organization right here in the Twin Cities, doing some amazing work for people all over the world. I feel lucky to have been a part of it. Here are a few of the interviews I did on the red carpet...

(Jay Leno. He was so nice and hilarious. And his eyes are a mesmerizing shade of blue/green!)

(That time I was dissed by British Prime Minister, Tony Blair.)

(Dascha Polanco from Orange is the New Black. Being a huge OITNB fan, meeting her was such an honor. This lovely lady keeps it REAL!)

(Maddie & Tae. Ah, to be young again. They have so much energy.)

(American Idol winner, Trent Harmon, and his girlfriend Kathleen. Super sweet couple, and she is stunning! I wish I would have gotten a better shot of her dress.)

(The Massey brothers. Very entertaining.)

(Steven Bauer from Scarface, and his girlfriend Lyda Loudon. She's gorgeous... And very young.)

(Frankie Muniz and his girlfriend. Wasn't recording when she gave me her name. Oops!)

Mama Saigh on the red carpet. Dress from my neighbor's closet (thanks Keely!), hair and make-up by Mama Saigh,
and tan line provided by the days at the pool with the kids. SO glam;)

No comments:

Post a Comment