Monday, November 12, 2018

Getting rid of my pregnancy melasma.

I'm not a doctor, nor an expert. But what I do know is that when I was looking for ways to get rid of my pregnancy melasma after the birth of my third child, I found it difficult to navigate through all the options and opinions out there. I had a little bit of melasma during and after my first two pregnancies, but the dark spots and patches that appeared on my face during and after my pregnancy with my third baby, were by far the worst. I had dark patches on my forehead that ran all the way down to my cheeks, making me look like a raccoon. I waited a little over three months for the melasma to fade on its own, but it never did.

While I was visiting my friend in New York, she raved about this skincare line called "Paula's Choice". Her skin seriously looked amazing, so I went online to see if they had any products that treated dark spots. They sure did, so I decided to give it a try.

For the past two months, I've been using these products from Paula's Choice: Resist Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser (7% AHA Lotion)C15 Super BoosterResist Hydrating Cleanser, and the Resist Intensive Repair Cream. I have also been using Aquaphor at night when my skin is extra dry. The following "before and after" photos were taken two months apart, make-up free, and they haven't been retouched or filtered.



It's crazy to see how incredibly dark those spots and patches were before I started using these skincare products. I still have a few stubborn spots that I'll probably have to get "zapped", but I am so happy with the results. I am in no way affiliated with Paula's Choice, but when I find something that really works, I just have to share it with you all!

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I was looking for, a non-sponsored opinion. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete