Sunday, January 30, 2011

First ultrasound.

On Thursday, Jan. 27th, we had our first ultrasound!  This was an impromptu doctor visit because of my jury duty schedule.  Jury duty caused me to miss our 12-week doctor visit, so as soon as I was released from jury duty, I called the doctor and thankfully he could get me in!  AJ wasn't able to make it because I could only give him about a 20 minute notice, and he was working in Maple Grove.

Dr. Teigen attempted to listen to Baby Saigh's heartbeat with a fetal doppler.  No luck.  After a few more tricks and tries...still no luck.  So he had me go in for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound tech got me right in (same day), and I will admit I was a little nervous without AJ there.  She searched around and there it was... our little baby!  But, where was the heartbeat?  I think all moms-to-be will agree... until you see and hear your baby's heartbeat, you're never "really" at peace.

As soon as my ultrasound tech pointed out the little flicker and turned up the volume so I could hear it, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.  Baby Saigh's heartbeat was very strong... 162 (my mom says this means it's a girl - my ultrasound tech says that's an old wives tale).  I could have watched the heartbeat for HOURS!  I fell in love and couldn't wait to call my husband.

She took a couple of photos for us and told us some interesting news.  We're actually 10 days BEHIND where we thought we were in our pregnancy!  I was 11 weeks along instead of 12.  Pretty big bummer when you're hoping to be over your first trimester sicknesses sooner, rather than later:)  But thankfully, everything else looked great!

New due date for Baby Saigh: August 19th, 2011 (not August 9th as we originally thought).

No comments:

Post a Comment