Saturday, February 26, 2011

15 weeks. (yummy veggie recipe too!)

Yesterday marked my 15th week of pregnancy and everything seems to be going very well!

AJ and I are ahead of the game in the baby planning department: the nursery is painted (thanks to AJ), crib and furniture are put together and set up (thanks to Mama, Papa and Sissy Specken), and we already have some cute blankets and clothes for Baby Saigh from family and friends.  I know we still have a lot to do, but we've really gotten a great start on things!  We're so excited to find out if Baby Saigh is a boy or a girl.  Then, it will be time to do some SHOPPING!

I've noticed that I haven't been eating as many veggies as I should be, since the baby is growing at a rapid rate and needs all the nutrients he/she can get.  I eat a lot of fruit, but I'm definitely slacking in the veggie department.

So, I received a recipe from my co-worker Anna that one of our chefs made on TWIN CITIES LIVE, and it is delicious!  I made a big batch of it today so I can eat small portions of it here and there.  But, to be honest, it's so good I may finish it by the time the weekend is over!

If anyone else has any great recipes that have a lot of veggies in them, send them my way!

Here's the recipe for the veggie salad...

Ingredients: 

1 bag of edamame
1 cup or so of thawed frozen corn
1 red bell pepper
1 green pepper
1 can black beans
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion
snip some cilantro in

Sauce:
1/2 cup olive oil
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup rice vinegar
salt and pepper and garlic to taste
 

1 comment: