Friday, October 21, 2011

Tough decision.

Over the last three months of my maternity leave from TWIN CITIES LIVE (KSTP), I've been struggling with the decision of whether or not to go back to work at TCL. After a LOT of discussion, tears, stress, and advice from others, I've made the decision to leave the show, and focus on being a mom.

This decision is incredibly bittersweet, as TCL has become a HUGE part of my life, and my co-workers have become part of my family. As a new mom, I found myself having major anxiety when I thought about putting Linna in full-time daycare. I'm sure this is something every new mom struggles with. I've literally gone back and forth about this decision, and after weighing the pros and cons with my husband and family, I've decided that this is the right decision for me and my family. I LOVE being a mom, but I also LOVE my career. My career has been my life for the last eight years.

I can't express how difficult of a decision this was to have to make.

From the time I was six weeks old, I was a daycare kid  My mom didn't have a choice, as she was a single-mom raising two kids. I loved daycare, and I think daycare is a great way for kids to learn socialization skills (among other skills). While, eventually, I could see myself being comfortable putting Linna in daycare... I'm just not there yet. I don't want to miss out on the things I get to experience with Linna every day.

And let's be honest... daycare is EXPENSIVE!

You'll still see me on TCL, as I plan on freelancing, and focusing on my blog (minnesotababy.blogspot.com). I'll always have a passion for fashion, beauty, and telling stories... AND I hope to share some of the new things I find with all of you! I've been with the show since the very beginning, and it's a place I can't just leave, and/or "forget". Plus, I'll always be a fan of the show, and hope to be back to my career in TV one day.

Baby steps.

Xoxo,

Mama Saigh

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this decision! Now you know I how I felt three years ago ;-) You are making the best decision for your little girl! Just think- you won't miss first steps, introducing new foods, and being there for her when she's sick (and let me tell you, sometimes that lasts a week). Additionally, you'll find you can still do things you are passionate about, and there will be new "doors" that open for you.

    As you can tell, I could write a book about this. Hopefully you know other stay-at-home moms you will connect with.

    Hit us up for a play-date anytime.

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sob*. I'm going to miss you so much! You knew everything about my life bc you were IN my life 50+ hours every week! And I loved every minute of your obnoxious friendship. :). That said, I am so happy that you're following your instincts. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Speckle. Happy Next Stage!!

    ReplyDelete