Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial day weekend at the cabin.

Hangin' out on the dock. It was almost
90-degrees on Saturday!
Last weekend, AJ, Linna and I headed to the Krekelberg family cabin in Hawick, MN to enjoy a four-day weekend. This is Linna's first trip to the cabin this year, but we did actually take her to the cabin last summer when she was about three weeks old. I grew up at our cabin, which is right on Long Lake near Spicer and New London. My aunts, uncles, and grandparents built the cabin when I was about a year old. I LOVED spending summers on the lake growing up, and I want my daughter to have the same fun memories!

Linna crawled two "steps" this weekend at the lake, and she also said "Papa" for the first time. She loved to show off her clapping and "rolling" skills for all her cousins, aunts, and uncles. She got to go out on the boat and even went in the water for the first time! The water was SO cold. Someone said it was 70-degrees, but I think it was like 40-degrees;) I planned on just dipping Linna's toes in the water because it was about 90-degrees outside on Saturday, but when I did that, she wanted to leap right in the water. She wasn't affected by the chilly water at all. So I put her in the water up to her belly, and she was splashing all around!


Papa putting up chicken wire on the upper deck.

When we went out on the boat, I put her in her lifejacket swimsuit that was handed down to us by AJ's cousins (thanks Johnny and Amy), and Linna was not a fan. She was tired, and the suit/lifejacket came up too far in her face. But once the motor on the boat started, and we started driving around, she LOVED cruisin' around on the lake. About 10 minutes into the ride, she fell asleep!

My little flower child.
For being out of her element and around a TON of family this weekend, Linna slept really well. Our cabin is always loud because there are so many people and dogs, but we brought her sound machine so she could sleep like she normally does. I even got to snuggle with her for one of her naps in our bed! I'm really going to miss when she stops letting me do that.

AJ also put up some chicken wire around the top deck for safety reasons. It's so crazy how that deck has been there since I was a kid, and there haven't been any accidents yet, because the deck is really high up. I never really thought about it as a "safety concern", until I had a kid. We know chicken wire isn't going to hold the weight of a kid, but it's just there as added protection, instead of a big space she could fall through!

Falling asleep on the boat.

All in all I think Linna loved being around all of her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. She loved being outside, watching the dogs, and getting LOTS of attention! AJ wouldn't let me take her out on the jet ski this weekend. He says she's too small. Guess we'll have to wait until the next weekend;)

In the chilly lake with Mama.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Getting lots of attention from Aunt Jen, Cousin Maris, Auntie
Paige, and Loany!

I LOVE the cabin!

Taking a bath in the cabin sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment