Friday, December 7, 2012

Disney on ice.

SO close to having ALL of us looking at the camera.
Me, Linna, Bri, JJ, Arleigh and Clark (front to back).
It's a show I remember going to when I was little. Dozens of Disney characters singing and dancing around on the ice rink below is enough to make any child swoon! Thursday night, I took a couple of my girlfriends and our kiddos to the Xcel Energy Center for Disney on Ice - Celebrating 100 Years of Magic, and we had an amazing time!

I've taken Linna to shows like this in the past, and I knew she would sit through it, but one of the moms I went with was a little hesitant to bring her almost two-year-old son. She said her son won't even sit through five minutes of television, so she wasn't sure he would sit through this show. Well, all three kids (JJ -2, Clark - almost 2, and Linna - 15 months) were absolutely GLUED to the entire show! They loved all of the colors, music, dancing/skating, and props used in the show (and so did we). The three kids literally didn't make a peep during the entire show, unless it was to say "whoa" or "I like that". They sat completely still (unless they were dancing to the music) on our laps during the entire first and second act. Even Arleigh, Bri and I had a blast watching the Disney characters that we remember growing up, along with the new characters that kids love today!

My friend Bri with her son JJ, and my Linna.


I hang out with these girls most Mondays, so our kids are buddies. It was nice to actually take the kids to a fun show together! Since the show was at 7 p.m., I had Linna take her two naps during the day (instead of the one long nap we're working toward), because I knew she'd be up until 8 or 9 p.m. As soon as we got home (it was almost 10 p.m.), Linna was out cold! I also brought her to the show in a "festive" pair of pajamas, so we didn't have a battle changing her when we got home. I feel so lucky to be able to take my daughter to a show that I remember as a child, and have the experience be a very pleasant one. If you're able to, check out one of the few shows left at the Xcel Energy Center, because Disney on Ice is one you shouldn't miss!

Couldn't take her eyes off the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment