Friday, October 19, 2012

Kid's shoes that drive me nuts.

Kids toys can be extremely annoying. They make animal noises, play loud "happy" songs, and often make repetitive sounds that are about enough to drive any parent completely nuts. However, children learn from these noises, sounds, and song, so as parents, we just "deal with it" and learn to tune the noises out.



BUT, whoever thought it would be a good idea to put one of the most ANNOYING squeaky sounds into a child's shoes, has to be completely INSANE! Today, I was taking my daughter to music class, and while we were in Singapore's MRT (train system), I heard this persistent squeaky noise. I thought it was just a kid playing with a squeaky stuffed animal, but no. I turned around to find a little girl walking behind me with a loud SQUEAK to each and every one of her tiny steps. That's right, everywhere this little girl walked, she squeaked (and yes, I turned around to take video).

Who may I ask does this squeaky shoe invention benefit? If child's parents weren't moments away from tearing their hair out, I sure was! For what reason would you ever put your child in a pair of shoes that make this persistent squeaking sound?!

I can tolerate those kid's shoes that light up when they walk. I actually think they're kind of cute. But the shoes that squeak. Ugh. They must have been invented by terrorists.

Please tell me that this is NOT a Minnesota thing.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit my daughter has a pair of those - but someone gave them to us as a gift. The squeeker is in the heal, so supposedly the squeek motivates the child to learn to walk with a heal to toe movement. I didnt have my daughter wear them very often since she was a late walker and grew out of them very quickly. Plus kids have always figured out how to walk eventually so I didnt see the benefit in these. Here is some more info about these if you want to read up about them. http://www.squeakyshoes.com/pages/about-us

    ReplyDelete