Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Medela freestyle double electric breast pump.

If there's one thing I spend more time doing than anything else these days, it's pumping. Since having Baby Jimmy six weeks ago, I've decided to exclusively pump and bottle feed, just as I did when Linna was a baby. For some women, nursing is the best option, but I prefer the convenience of grabbing a bottle out of the refrigerator or diaper bag. Plus, I'm still giving my baby all the nutrients and antibodies he needs from my own body.

Since I pump every three hours, and want to make this breast-feeding experience a successful one, I got my hands on a Medela Freestyle Double Electric Breast Pump and Easy Expression Bustier. I saw an Instagram of Kourtney Kardashian wearing hers, and loved that the pump clipped right onto whatever she was wearing. Not only can I be hands-free while pumping, but I'm not attached to a wall outlet. I seriously walk all over my house when I'm pumping, and half the time I forget that it's even on. It's honestly the best breast pump I've ever used. It has a 2-phase expression technology, and the pump is so small and lightweight. It has a backlit digital display that allows me to customize the strength of the pump's expression. I currently pump at a level 6 for 10-12 minutes, every 3-5 hours, and am pumping about 8 oz. of breastmilk during each session. I have saved SO much milk in the freezer!

Kourtney Kardashian using her Medela Pump.

My Medela kit came with a black bag, cooler set, extra bottles and nipples, and of course the pump itself and all the needed accessories. I got the hands-free bustier separately. The only inconvenience I find about pumping, is having to wash the pump out every time I pump, as opposed to just sticking a boob in my baby's mouth when he's hungry. But let's be honest, breastfeeding isn't easy for every mom, and sometimes it just doesn't work. While the Meleda Freestyle Pump isn't cheap, it's much less than I would spend on quality formula to feed my baby over the next year. Plus, pumping helped shrink my uterus back down pretty quickly, and I love that I'm burning an extra 500 calories a day by pumping. I pump in the car, in bed, and can chase after the 4-year-old when I'm pumping. This pump is one of my "must-have" products, especially for moms with multiple children.

No comments:

Post a Comment