Monday, March 14, 2011

Spinach smoothie.

I pack everything in my Magic
Bullet cup in the PM, then mix
it in the AM.
Thanks to Laurie Crowell at Golden Fig, I now have a NEW way to incorporate veggies into my daily food intake! Spinach is one thing I just can't eat raw, but I know it has so many vitamins and nutrients for the baby. Laurie has come up with a spinach smoothie that actually tastes AMAZING (I literally can't even taste the spinach)!

My husband even drinks these in the morning now and loves them too. It's nice to have a different flavor to mix up my regular "berry orange juice" morning smoothie... not to mention this new smoothie has SPINACH!

Thanks again, Laurie, for this delicious recipe.  Laurie owns Golden Fig on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, where they sell all sorts of natural and LOCAL foods, as well as spices, dips and rubs you won't find anywhere else.

Mix one of these spinach smoothies up and let me know what you think... 

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh spinach (washed)
1 banana
1 cup frozen mangoes
1 cup milk (cow, soy, rice, almond, etc.)
1 cup yogurt

1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste (I didn't have any so I didn't use it)

Just blend everything together and enjoy!

The spinach smoothie
all mixed up and ready to
take to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment