Monday, July 18, 2011

Dilated 2cm and 70% effaced.

AJ and I at Sara and Adam's wedding weekend (7/16/11)
in Wisconsin.  I'm a 35-week pregnant bridesmaid.
Today at the doctor, I found out that I am 2 cm dilated and I'm 70% effaced!  He also says it looks like Baby Saigh has "dropped" and she's head down.  I can not believe it and we are so excited!  But this could mean a couple things.  I could either go into labor early, or just stay dilated until Baby Saigh's due date.  If I don't go into labor naturally, my doctor is going to induce me one week early on August 12th.  That means, in 25 days our little bean could be here!  Maybe sooner.

My girls feeling little "LJ" kick at Sara and Adam's
rehearsal dinner (7/15/11).
I'm 35 weeks and 3 days today, so she should cook a little bit longer.  I have a feeling that all the activity from this past weekend's wedding festivities may have played a part in my progression.  Our friends Sara and Adam got married in Trego, WI, and not only was I outside in the 100-degree weather, I was dancing all night, swimming, etc.  After the ceremony (which was outside), Baby Saigh was flipping all over the place, and I was having false labor contractions left and right.  After an uncomfortable night sleep, I was back to normal in the morning, but had a few sharp pains in my lower abdomen on the car ride home.

As I sit here and type this, I've been having a LOT of strong false labor contractions.  They're uncomfortable, but bearable.  Every mom has told me that "I'll know" when the contractions are real.  We'll see!  Today was also the first day I've felt like I would actually miss having my little bean in my tummy.  I've been complaining every day about how I'm ready to be done, but I do think I'm going to miss being pregnant.  Weird how things change!

I'd love to hear all of your labor progression stories, so feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment