Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We're moving to singapore.

It's official, the Saigh's are moving to Singapore! At the end of August, Papa Saigh, Linna and I will be packing our bags for a three-month adventure overseas for Papa Saigh's job. This trip has been in the works for a couple months, but my husband just called to tell me that his company made the plans official today.

Although I am thrilled about this opportunity, I'm sad to leave family and friends. My parents and in-laws are very excited for us, but they are so upset about not being able to see Linna for three months. That alone breaks my heart. This is such an awesome opportunity that we could not say no to. Linna isn't in school, and we're all going to learn so much living in another country. It's going to be tough because I'm used to having help with Linna. My parents live about five miles away, and my in-laws are just over an hour away. It will be really difficult being away from our family, but how could we say no to an opportunity like this?!

I must admit that I didn't even know where Singapore was until we learned about this potential trip (pretty pathetic huh?!). It's time for this mama to start doing some research! We need to get Linna's passport, figure out living arrangements, etc. It's so crazy to think that Linna's first flight will be an 18+ hour flight to the other side of the globe!

We'll be gone through November, so we'll be back for Christmas (hopefully Thanksgiving). This is going to be such a great experience for our little family of three, and YES, I will of course be blogging about our entire experience.

Minnesota Baby in Singapore... HERE WE COME!!!

6 comments:

  1. Infants used to be able to travel on their parent's passport; guess that's changed. Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What an amazing opportunity. You'll do just fine without the help. I have 2 kiddos under 4 and I have no help... some days are tough but we always manage

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will absolutely LOVE Singapore! It is such a multi-cultural city. Very clean, very safe and so easy to get around. My husband is a pianist (Kevin Kern) and his music is very popular there. It's probably the first thing you will hear when you land at Changi airport. LOL. We have been there a number of times and the city is constantly growing and changing. Amazing for a tiny island only 4 miles wide.
    Have fun and enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pam! Any tips on where to live, visit, places to eat, things to do etc.? I will have to look your husband up because we're always looking for new music for the little one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip! I'm sure you'll all have a great time in Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete