Wednesday, February 13, 2013

18-month growth spurt.

Happy gal after a three-hour nap.
I love growth spurts.

Over the last couple weeks, Linna has been taking three-hour naps DAILY, while still going to bed at 7 p.m. and waking up at 7:30 a.m., AND she's eating like a horse! I know there have been times in the past, where I was concerned about Linna literally eating just a piece of food throughout the entire day. Well, she's making up for her food-less days, by consuming enough food for two growing toddlers!

For example, yesterday she ate a bowl of oatmeal, about a half-cup of whole-milk yogurt, two clementines, and part of a banana for breakfast. If that's not enough, she's asking for a snack at like 9:30 a.m., and again around 11 a.m. She'll literally eat two Kashi Breakfast Bars before she lays down for her nap. She kind of "skips" lunch (wouldn't you if you ate all that before noon?!), but then has a meal when she wakes up around 3 p.m. I'll make her a smoothie or eggs, or something like that, and then she'll have some fruit too. Dinner time is hit or miss, but the other night she ate a whole bowl of chicken noodle soup, then has like 4-8 oz. of whole milk before bed. I really think she would eat all day long if I let her! Quite the little piggy... and I love it.

Linna is exhausted by 7 p.m., hasn't been putting up a fuss at all at bedtime, and her three-hour naps are incredibly well-received by Mama Saigh. If I could bottle up this time and keep it like this forever, I would.

I do, however, wonder if this is the "calm before the storm". What if Linna is treating me to a blissful few weeks, only to turn on me and give up her naps all together?!

This doesn't happen right?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment