Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's day plans for minnesota's celebrity parents.


You see them on television and hear them on the radio every day. If you're wondering how Minnesota celebrity parents, such as WCCO's Amelia Santaniello and KSTP's Megan Newquist, are spending their Valentine's Day this year, you've come to the right place!

KSTP's Jessica Miles & family.

KSTP's Jessica Miles (mom of three children, under the age of two):

What is your idea of a perfect Valentine's Day?

My perfect Valentine's Day would start overnight (no, not what you're thinking). With a two-year-old, a one-year old and now a three-month-old, I would love a solid eight hours of sleep... I'd even take six... heck, five!  The day would be spent with our kids doing something fun out of the house.  There are too many chores to distract us if we stay home!  The evening would be a nice dinner with my husband, so we could have a chance to talk!  I don't think my husband and I have been out to dinner alone in at least 3 years!

Is there anything on your Valentine's Day wish list?

No gift ideas for me.  We are pretty practical people, so if my husband and I did share gifts on Valentine's Day we would probably both just spend our money on diapers or something like that!  I know, pretty boring!

What is the best Valentine's Day gift you have ever received?

My best gift received would probably be flowers. I love flowers!  When I was younger I wanted to open a flower shop.  I do have a best gift given... it was one of those huge Hershey's chocolate kisses.  I remember giving one of those to a boy in probably 7th grade!  I remember agonizing over what to buy and thought it was perfect... kind of cute, but not over the top, pretty inexpensive, candy... who wouldn't want one!?!?



KARE 11's Karla Hult & family.
KARE 11's Karla Hult (mom of two girls under the age of two):

What is your idea of a perfect Valentine's Day?

I'd love a day where I wake up to the sounds of my daughters (no alarm). I'd then spend the morning enjoying a "leisurely" breakfast with them, followed by a relatively warm walk to Linden Hills and a trip to the library, bakery, and bookstore (Wild Rumpus). My babies and I would simply "hang out." That night -- upon my husband's return from work -- we'd actually GO OUT for dinner... JUST THE TWO OF US! Come to think of it, I should ask for the day off... so I can make that Valentine's plan happen! :)



KSTP's Leah Mclean & family.
KSTP's Leah Mclean (new mom to eight-month-old Grace):

What's the best Valentine's Day gift you have ever received?

The best Valentine's gift was last year when I was a big pregnant lady. My husband made a candle light dinner, then did the dishes! He even got flowers. This year we're planning a big family dinner with Baby Grace, grandma, grandpa, and the aunts an cousins. It may not be romantic but it should be fun.

Are there any gifts on your Valentine's Day Wish List?

I'm a traditionalist. I love flowers. I also like chocolates, but I don't want them because I'll just eat them all and then not feel romantic.



KSTP's Megan Newquist (new mom to twins - a boy and a girl):

Megan and her husband have been together for almost 17 years, and she says they have never gone all out for Valentine's Day. She says that from the get-go, they agreed Valentine's Day was a total Hallmark holiday:)

What is your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day?

Coffee in bed.

Are there any gift ideas on your Valentine's Day wish list? 

A soft, heart shaped sugar cookie with icing. I LOVE a good sugar cookie.

What is the best gift you have ever received on Valentine's Day?

These questions are starting to depress me. I think I'd have to go all the way back to high school when I got flowers from my boyfriend :-)



KDWB's Big D and family.
KDWB's Big D (new dad to one-year-old Hailey):

What's your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day?

I love my daughter more than anything, but it is a day for Mama. It would be perfect to hang with our daughter and maybe do a fun little lunch with the three of us, come home and relax, call grandma to babysit, and then take my wife out. Maybe do a nice dinner downtown, a movie, or maybe even a night at the Mall of America. We're super addicted to Crave so I'm sure if you asked my wife it would be a night in St. Louis Park at the West End.

Are there any gifts on your Valentine's Day Wish List?

Two words, and the quickest way to my heart: BEST BUY!!!



WCCO's Liz Collin & family.
WCCO's Liz Collin (new mom to three-month-old Anthony):

What is the best gift you have ever received on Valentine's Day?

My husband proposed on Valentine's Day nine years ago. My apartment was decorated with balloons and flowers and when I came home from work he was there on one knee. It was very sweet. I said yes since there was also cheesecake involved.

Are there any gift ideas on your Valentine's Day wish list?

I'm a new mom with a three-month-old so I can't think of anything better for Valentine's Day this year than a long nap! Very romantic, right?!



KARE 11's Lindsey Seavert & family.
Credit: Carly Danek Photography.
KARE 11's Lindsey Seavert (new mom to one-year-old Stellan):

What's your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day?

I'm usually working on Valentine's Day, but if I had to dream up my perfect day, (Hint, hint, honey) I would love to sleep in! I would love to go to a yoga class, or for a run, or, have a massage at the Ivy Spa in Downtown Minneapolis. We would then go grab a glass of wine, have dinner at Amore Victoria or Bar La Grassa, and then head to the theater or listen to live music. My hubby loves jazz, so we would top off the night at the Dakota Jazz Club, which we have done on a past Valentine's Day.

Is there anything on your Valentine's Day wish list?

I love clothes! Any sort of fashionable item, and I'm a happy gal!



FOX 9's Alix Kendall & daughter Kaitlyn.
FOX 9's Alix Kendall (mom to 11-year-old Kaitlyn):

What are your plans this Valentine's Day?

This Valentine's Day, I'll be dining out with my man. We have reservations for Vincent in Downtown Minneapolis. I have no special gifts that I want, or need. I just want time. Since it's "sweeps" month, I can't take the next day off from work on The Fox 9 Morning News, so it will be an EARLY dinner.

What's the best Valentine's Day gift you have ever received?

The best and most memorable gift came from my daughter Kaitlyn (now 11 yrs old), and  it is simply a homemade Valentine that still hangs on my refrigerator door. It says simply "I love you mommy".



FOX 9's Randy Meier (dad of five daughters):

What's your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day?

I love it when Valentine's Day falls on the weekend. Raising all five of our daughters over the years and working nights meant that Valentine's "date night" only worked for my wife and I on the weekend. So, my idea of a great Valentine's Day is a "date night" with my bride, to include some good food, and maybe a little adult beverage and some time with just the two of us.

What's the best Valentine's Day gift you have ever received?

Found out my wife was pregnant with our third daughter on Valentine's Day.



WCCO's Amelia Santaniello & family.
WCCO's Amelia Santaniello (mom of three):

What is your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day?

My idea of a perfect Valentine's Day is having a romantic dinner with my wonderful husband. 

Are there any gift ideas on your Valentine's Day wish list?

I'd love a spa day!

What is the best Valentine's Day gift you have ever received?

A couple years ago, our kids helped make dinner and served it. It was a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's day with the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment