Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Baby saigh #2 pregnancy: 13 weeks.


Baby Saigh #2 at 13 weeks.
I'm in the final week of my first trimester! Not a lot has changed. My boobs are still crazy huge and sore, and I'm still hungry all the time. I went to the doctor this week for some genetics testing in Singapore, and found out that I gained 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. Oops! I'm really trying to keep my cravings at bay, but still indulging every now and then (...and then some). I had a scan during the genetics testing appointment, and Baby Saigh #2 is growing right on track. The heartbeat was 154 beats per minute, and the initial scan didn't show any markers for Downs Syndrome. They also took a sample of my blood, so I'll have the complete results back on June 4th. The baby was very sleepy, and kept his/her hands up in front of his/her face. I noticed, however, that this kid has what appeared to be a really long body, arms and legs! Papa Saigh and I are not the tallest people, and we don't have what you'd consider to be "long" extremities, so I'm not sure what's happening here. Also a few weeks ago, I swear I could feel the baby moving around, but I haven't been feeling much of anything (other than "pulling" sensations in my abdomen) in the last few weeks. I'll feel a little something every now and then, but it is still early. No "real" kicks or jabs quite yet.

Papa Saigh and I have also been taking turns sleeping in the guest room. Linna has worked her magic on us, and now sleeps in our bed. So, one of us is sleeping with her, while the other sleeps in the guest room. Judge all you want, but the three of us are sleeping like champs! I toss and turn all night to get comfortable (plus I have my huge pregnancy pillow in the bed), Papa Saigh likes to steal covers and take up 3/4 of the bed, and little Linna likes to sleep horizontal in the bed (imagine the three of us in an "H" shape). Even though we have a California king-size bed, it just doesn't seem big enough for the three of us. Keep on judgin', but this sleeping arrangement is working for us at the moment.

That one time you had a pregnancy craving for cinnamon rolls,
but you completely lost your appetite after seeing the price of
a roll in Singapore. Can you believe it?!

Every week, I look back at my blog and compare this pregnancy to my pregnancy with Linna (here's a link to my 13-week update with Linna). These pregnancies were VERY different at first, but now I'm starting to see similarities (pregnancy acne, huge appetite, naughty food cravings, etc.). Linna is so excited about being a big sister. She rubs my belly, talks to the baby, and tells everyone that there's a baby in my tummy. I'm actually kind of thankful for her forwardness, as she's like a mini "ice-breaker". It's always awkward when you kind of figure that someone is pregnant by the looks of them, but you don't want to say anything and offend if it's not the case. Gotta love her enthusiasm. Can you believe that Baby Saigh #2 is the size of a pea pod, and weighs nearly an ounce?! Onto the second trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment