Thursday, October 29, 2015

Easy dinner recipe: Butternut squash ravioli.

I served frozen pizza for dinner two out of seven nights this past week. So last night, I decided to step it up a notch... Kinda. I picked up a package of Butternut Squash Trangoli from Trader Joes, and whipped up a quick, homemade, creamy, sage sauce. Both Papa Saigh and I drooled over this dinner, and it's seriously inexpensive and simple! It's also meatless (for those who care), but my meat-loving husband was completely satisfied. Have I mentioned how much I love being back home in Minnesota, just so I can shop at Trader Joes?!

INGREDIENTS:

Package of Trader Joes Butternut Squash Ravioli
Half and Half (about a cup)
Butter (about a TBSP)
Flour (about a TBSP)
Fresh sage (I used a couple TBSP, finely chopped)
Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 or 3/4 cup)
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta for about 5 minutes. In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients, and simmer until semi-thick. Add the Parmesan cheese last. Serve pasta with the sauce on top. So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment