Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to normal.

Linna having breakfast this morning.
I missed her little face!


There's nothing more I love than being home and waking up to my smiling baby girl's face! For six days, my husband and I had some much-needed "couple time" in Chicago, while the baby stayed home with her grandparents, aunts, and great-grandparents. We did a lot of FaceTime and phone calls while we were out of town, but nothing beats spending time with Linna!

It actually took a little getting used to, having a baby monitor next to our bed last night. When Linna woke up this morning and started chatting away in her crib, AJ and I both shot up and were so excited to go get her out of her crib:) Six days away from the baby was a great "parent rejuvenation", but we are so happy to be home and back to normal.

Now, we get ready for Linna's first birthday party next weekend, and THEN for our big move to Singapore! AJ, his friends, and his sister Lisa are also running Ragnar the day before we leave for Singapore, so there will be a lot of excitement surrounding that event too. I can't even start planning for Singapore until Linna's birthday is past. I still have a lot of things to get done before her birthday party, and we are so excited to have people that we love at our home to celebrate ONE year of little Linna! Time is flying by way to quickly!

On top of the piles of laundry we accumulated while in Chicago, bedding laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, working, etc., we have so much do do in the next 20 days. We'll be shipping a lot of our belongings to Singapore, so we're not dragging a dozen pieces of luggage AND a baby through the airport. We just found out where we'll be living in Singapore, so that takes a big stress off both my husband and I. We just have no idea what to expect once we get to Singapore, so we'll be doing a good deal of planning and researching over the next few weeks (once Linna's birthday party is done of course)!

If you have any travel advice, packing tips, first birthday tips, etc., that you'd like to share, this mom is all ears!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you have all the fun birthday decorations planned already ... the one thing I am so happy we did for Jude's birthday was a champagne toast for the adults! :)

    ReplyDelete