Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chicago.

On Tuesday, we left Linna at home with her grandparents, so AJ and I could head to Chicago for six days of television appearances, vacation, and a wedding! We're on day five, and we're both really missing our little bug. We know she's in great hands and being absolutely SPOILED by her grandparents, aunts, and great-grandparents, but this is by far the longest we've ever been away from her. I have to admit, I was SO ready to leave Linna for a nice little vacation with my husband. But now, as we get closer to day six without her, I am SO ready to get home to my baby!

I found a little spot to write my name on the
wall at ABC 7 News in Chicago.

We have, however, been enjoying our time in Chicago. I've never been here, so we're taking in as much of the city as we can! I did two television appearances while we've been here (one at the ABC affiliate, and one at the FOX affiliate). AJ has been my "assistant" on this trip (i.e. helping me bring products to the stations, etc.), and he even modeled some Daddy Scrubs in the ABC segment. I thought he looked pretty sexy:) Check out my two segments:

ABC 7 News: Baby Shower Gift Ideas

FOX's "Good Day Chicago": Mommy Problems and Solutions

This is my first trip since we had the baby, where I haven't had to worry about pumping, changing diapers, or being quiet in the hotel room because "the baby is sleeping". For the first few days, I literally didn't know what to do with myself and all the free time, and I actually found myself not really missing Linna very much. My husband and I needed some time together, without the baby. The grandparents are keeping us up-to-date with Linna's daily activities, by texting us photos of her. My dad's Facebook status yesterday said, "I could really get used to being a stay-at-home grandpa!". We even did a little FaceTime with Linna and AJ's mom. I was the crazy mom on the other side of the camera, singing songs to her, telling her to show me "SO BIG", etc. But my husband was right there along side me:) It's funny how parenthood changes a people. I think this trip is giving us both the "rejuvenation" we need, before we move to Singapore for three months, where we won't have the help we have in Minnesota.

Me and the hubs on our way to Joe
and Gabby's rehearsal dinner.

Today, we're watching our friend Joe and Gabby get married! AJ and Joe worked together at Deloitte, and they lived together when AJ and I first started dating. I got to know Gabby when she would come to visit Joe, and the four of us would spend many weekends together. They are such an awesome couple, and we can't wait until they become Mr. & Mrs. Rodemeyer! Time to go have one more day and night of fun as "childless" parents, and then we're back to reality in Minnesota!

My parents send me text messages with photos like this,
showing me all the presents they've bought Linna.
Can someone say, "spoiled baby"???

No comments:

Post a Comment