Monday, July 16, 2012

Linna's pre-singapore travel appointment.

Waiting "patiently" for the doctor.

This morning, I took Linna to her pediatrician for her travel appointment, to make sure she's all set for our trip to Singapore. It was quick and painless. No shots, but I did have a lot of questions! She can't have any of the recommended vaccinations until after she turns one year, so she will be getting FIVE shots at her one-year pediatrician appointment on August 13th. YIKES!

Our pediatrician also HIGHLY recommended us bringing Linna's car seat on the flight. My husband and I talked about this and had initially decided not to bring it, since it would be one more big thing to carry. But after talking with our pediatrician, we're definitely bringing it. She said the car seat rentals are gross, and since Linna knows that once she's in her car seat, hopefully she'll stay there during the flight. One can hope right?!

She also said that as a pediatrician, she can't recommend us giving Linna Benadryl during the flight, but as a mom, she recommends us giving Linna Benadryl on the flight. So funny! She has taken her children on trans-Atlantic flights, and having experienced her baby crying during an entire flight, she now gives her kids Benadryl during long flights. However, she did tell us to test it out before the actual flight because 10% of kids become hyper after receiving Benadryl, instead of the "sleepy" effect it's supposed to have. We will be bringing Benadryl. I love how she gives us the doctor-recommended advice, as well as "mom" advice:)

Linna also got on the scale and she is 20.2 lbs at 11 months. BIG girl!

My husband and I also need to get a few vaccines before we leave for Singapore. As a person who is deathly afraid of needles, this should be a treat. However, after being stuck with needles AND an epidural during Linna's birth, I think I can do it.

Any other travel tips you'd like to share???

7 comments:

  1. I was planning on bringing Benadryl on the plane ride to Europe, but I'm glad I caught the tip about trying it out first- the last thing I would want are two hyper kids on a long flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely bring a car seat! Best thing we never did traveling with kids. Also snacks... lots and lots of snacks! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The travel appointment in pre Singapore travel is useful Know in detail about it

    Bus from Singapore to Malacca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful great going, I love your work and look forward for more work from your side. I am a regular visitor of this site and by now have suggested many people

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! At last I got a webpage from where I know how to truly take helpful information concerning my study and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words everyone:)

    ReplyDelete