Friday, August 12, 2011

5 days old.

Our little family of three. So in love!
Our little lady is growing up so fast;)  I can't say it enough... I love being a mom!  I can honestly say that I'm not tired or stressed.  People were born for certain things, and I am confident that I was born to be a mom.  I am so head over heels in love with our little Linna, and I could just stare at her all day long!

Maybe things will change, but we really have the perfect baby!  Five days in, AJ and I both find ourselves crying just looking at her.  Linna is eating really well, pooping and peeing like she should be, sleeping like a champ, and the only time she really cries is when her clothes come off before a feeding (we have to wake her up somehow), or if she's having her diaper changed.  I'm feeding her every three hours because her weight dropped from 7 lbs. 14 oz. (birth weight) to 7 lbs. (current weight).  We had a little trouble figuring out the breast feeding situation (Linna wasn't attaching herself), but now we've introduced a nipple shield and it's been smooth sailing ever since.  I was going to give up on breast feeding and just focus on pumping and bottle feeding, when my "miracle worker" lactation consultant stepped in with this magical device.  I'm still pumping and either storing that milk, or bottle feeding Linna when we need/want too.

Someone found her thumb.
Much to the dismay of almost every nurse and doctor we saw at the hospital, Linna is also a pacifier user:)  She loves it, and she will still bottle and breast feed.  No "nipple confusion" here!  She's sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed, and I find it so hard not to let her fall asleep next to me in our bed every night.  She's just so cuddly!  When we're at home, we love to do "naked feeding time", AKA skin-to-skin contact.  I love the faces Linna makes when she's all done... she looks like a little bird!

When Linna was born, we couldn't figure out who she looked like.  I didn't see AJ in her face at all, and I actually thought she looked like my brother (yeesh...).  But now, we've heard from almost everyone that she looks just like me.  I have to agree, and my old baby pictures make me certain.  No wonder she's so cute;)

I'm still obviously healing from giving birth, but I have so much energy that I just want to be out and about.  Linna has already been to two pediatrician appointments and we even made a stop at Target today!  Grandma Saigh came and stayed with us for a couple days, and it was nice to have an extra set of hands so I could shower and get ready in the morning.  We've also had a lot of visitors stop by, bringing food and making dinners, which has been GREAT so I don't have to cook:)  We really appreciate everything everyone has done for us!

This weekend, I plan to put all of our photos from the hospital and the last five days, in an album on Facebook. So stand by... more of Linna Jane Saigh to come!

Linna loves naked feeding time!

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious!! Watch out for those nipple shields. Once she really gets the hang of nursing with it get rid of it as quickly as possible. It was the demise of our ending nursing at 10 weeks. Logan got too used to it and when I tried to nurse without it he flat out refused and I was not going to use a nipple shield for a year. We also passed Thrush back and forth and I blame the shield. It stores all kinds of nasty germs so make sure you're sanitizing it with your pumping parts. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete