Sunday, August 7, 2011

Water broke... 10:50 p.m. on sunday night.

Well, I guess long walks do put pregnant lady into labor! At 10:50 p.m. Sunday night, I was laying in bed, literally laughing out loud at Baby Saigh tickling my ribs with her toes, when my water broke. What a weird feeling! It's literally like a huge water balloon bursting! I jumped up, and yelled for Papa Saigh who was downstairs watching TV. I wasn't having any contractions, so we called the doctor, our parents, and texted some people. Papa Saigh was a nervous wreck, running around, packing the bag, etc. It was pretty cute!

My parents are in Worthington (Southern MN) because my Grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away Saturday night. So, they are planning on coming back up here tomorrow morning. His funeral and visitation is Tuesday and Wednesday, so there's going to be a lot of driving back and forth. Crazy how these things work out sometimes. Papa Saigh's parents are in Mankato and they will come tomorrow too.

Right now, I'm still 3 cm and 90% effaced. It's all just a waiting game now. I am having some pretty bad back pain, but otherwise I feel pretty good. My co-worker Kelli told me about the underwear and pads they give you in the hospital... but OMG, they are SO funny! Papa Saigh says they're pretty sexy;) If he hasn't already, my husband is really seeing me in a whole new light. Woof. If I'm not progressing by 5 a.m., they'll start me on some drugs to get things rollin'. I'm going to try to get some sleep because I hear I have a lot of work ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment