Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One week old.

Five-day-old Linna, pretty in pink
Not only is our little bean already one week old, but last night she lost her umbilical cord (yes I saved it)!  It's very exciting because now she can have "big girl" baths.  She had her first one this morning, and she's not really a fan... she didn't scream, but let's just say she wasn't smiling:)  We are enjoying every minute with our little lady.  We've had so many visitors, house guests, and we are overwhelmed with all of the love our friends and family have for Baby Linna!  We couldn't feel more blessed.

Grandma Saigh (AKA "MeMa") stayed with us the first couple nights when we were home from the hospital.  It was so nice to have an extra set of hands for when I wanted to shower, rest, etc.  Grandma Specken (AKA "NaNa" or "Grandma Beanie") lives just a few miles away, so she, Grandpa Specken, and Auntie Paige have been stopping by almost every day to make dinner, help out, or just spend time with little "Ling Ling".  My dad texts me every day asking how his little girl is doing.  So sweet!

Mama an Baby Linna
This week, Auntie Lisa (AJ's sister) is staying with us.  I consider Lisa a good friend and not "just" a sister-in-law, so it's nice to have someone here with me during the day that I really get along with.  We've taken Linna shopping, to run errands, etc.  Lisa has also been so helpful with the dishes, picking up, etc.  I don't know what I'm going to do when all the "help" leaves:)

Linna and Daddy
I consider myself a really hands-on mom, and I really don't let anyone else change Linna's diaper, or wake up with her during the night.  I LOVE doing these things!  Knowing that my baby is only this little once, makes what to some moms seem like work, so special.  I look forward to her waking me up in the middle of the night so we can cuddle!  The other night, Linna woke up almost every hour and a half, so needless to say by 6:30 a.m., I was pretty tired.  Lisa really wanted to do one of her night-time feedings, so I texted her from our bedroom, "Auntie Lisa, do you want to come feed and change me?".  Two seconds later, I heard the pitter patter of Lisa's feet running up the stairs!  She crawled into bed with us and scooped Linna right up.  It was pretty cute:)

Right now, Linna eats about every three hours, and she eats about 3 oz. each feeding.  I'm pumping every three hours or so, and seriously, if I were a cow, I would make Kemps a LOT of money!  Linna is very well-fed, and I've even started to freeze some of my breast milk (that's how much I have).  I nurse Linna in the morning (our naked feeding time), and then bottle feed her throughout the day.  This way, AJ and other people can feed her too.  She's also taking a nuk, so there's no nipple confusion.

I love this little face!

I think one of the most amazing parts about having a baby, is watching my husband become a dad. AJ is the BEST daddy a little girl could ask for!  I love watching AJ rush in the door when he comes home from work, and walk straight over to Linna to scoop her up from whoever is holding her.  Linna knows his voice and seems totally relaxed when her daddy is talking to her.  Having a baby has made me fall in love with my hubby all over again, and I cry out of pure joy when I see the two of them together! Time to go spend some time with my lil' lady:)

No comments:

Post a Comment