Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My 3-year-old's dreams.

Linna is at a fun age in terms of the things that come out of her mouth. The stories and imagination of a 3-year-old are enough to shock and melt the heart of any parent. Lately, when our 3-year-old wakes up in the morning (yes, she sleeps in our bed), the first words out of her mouth are, "I dreamed about...". Her dreams are often about the people in her life, or animals, and sometimes her dreams are a bit "scary". Since I'm pregnant and restless at night, and the 3-year-old likes to sleep in our bed, Papa Saigh and I take turns sleeping in the master bedroom with the kid, while the other sleeps in the guestroom. One night, Papa Saigh told me that Linna woke up crying and saying, "I had a very scary dream. It was just so scary!"

I wish I could hop into that little brain of hers, and see exactly what hat she's seeing in her dreams. She goes to bed these days at 6 p.m. (she has to be up "early" for school) and wakes up around 6:30 or 7 a.m., so she has a lot of time to let her imagination run wild. Over the last couple weeks, I've jotted down exactly what Linna tells that me she dreamed about in the morning...

Night #1: "I dreamed about flamingos biting me."
Night #2: "I dreamed about Nana and Bompa, and I ran up to them and hugged them."
Night #3: "I had a dream about you, Mama."
Night #4: "When I woke up, I had a tear in my eye." (3-year-old)
"Oh no, what did you dream about?" (Mama Saigh)
"I don't remember." (3-year-old)
Night #5: "I dreamed that someone snatched my toy." (5am wake-up, crying, then back to sleep)
Night #6: "I dreamed that a porcupine was poking me."
Night #7: "In my dream, I was holding a porcupine. It was so tiny and cute."
Night #8: "I dreamed that I was inside a fish tank last night, and the fish were around me going like (clap, clap, clap...)!"

It's these little things that I never want to forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment