Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Baby saigh #2 pregnancy: Weeks 16 & 17

16 Weeks Pregnant

I have been fighting an awful bug all week. I've been congested, tired, and a bit nauseous for a week, and one night it all came to a head. My entire body ached, but I didn't have a fever. I've never felt so stuffed up in all my life, and couldn't seem to drink enough water and "steam" enough in the shower. I'd get winded just walking a short distance. I had "cold" symptoms when I was pregnant with Linna, but this is much worse. I finally went to the doctor, and while my doctor said that my ears, throat, and lungs looked/sounded like I just had a viral infection, I also had my blood tested for Mycoplasma (walking pneumonia). Sure enough, I've got it AGAIN. Linna and I have had it twice since moving to Singapore, so this makes three! I've had it TWICE during this pregnancy alone (once at 8 weeks pregnant). It sucks not being able to take anything to treat these symptoms when you're pregnant, but a few things have worked. Steaming helps relieve my sinus pressure, Fluimucil helps break up the phlegm, and Unisom and Acetaminophen help make it easier to fall asleep (I've been told these are all safe to take when pregnant). I'm on a safe antibiotic for pregnant woman (z-pack), that will treat/kill the Mycoplasma. I've also started getting heartburn with this pregnancy. I had it really bad when I was pregnant with Linna, but TUMS seem to keep everything under control with this one. My belly is also starting to feel pretty tight, like it's stretching. One night, I could feel these sharp, quick pains in my abdomen that would come and go. Nothing horrendous or really worrisome, but definitely noticeable. The baby is the size of an avocado this week, weighing about 3.5 ounces! I have an ultrasound scheduled on Monday next week, and we should be able to find out if we're having a boy, or another girl!


Mama Saigh, Linna, and "The Bump" at brunch for Father's Day. Papa Saigh
"loves" being in photos, so we let him sit this one out. It was HIS day!
17 Weeks Pregnant

Remember how I said we were planning on finding out the gender of this baby? Well, a beautifully, emotional experience this week, completely reversed that decision. You can read more about what happened in this blog post, but we've decided to wait until the birth to find out whether this baby is a boy or a girl. Crazy, right?! We were 110% certain that we wanted to find out this baby's gender, but I ended up canceling my doctor's appointment this past Monday (it was only an appointment to find out the baby's gender, not a regular check-up). I can honestly say that I will be able to wait until the birth for the big surprise. Other than this big turn of events, I'm happy to report that my boobs aren't completely swollen and sore anymore! On a lighter note, I have to be super cautious whenever I sneeze of cough (if you know what I mean). I've seriously started wearing pads, for fear of pissing myself in public. I'm sure this is TMI for some people, but I honestly have to pee every half-hour. I've been drinking a LOT of water because I'm incredibly thirsty, which I'm sure is contributing to my current bladder-control problem. I'm like a 90-year-old woman (where's my Depends endorsement?!)! The good news though is that I don't have to wake up multiple times at night to pee! It's these little milestones that make a pregnant lady happy. My stomach also gets REALLY tight and a bit "crampy" whenever I bend forward. Nothing alarming, but definitely noticeable. I experienced this same thing when I was pregnant with Linna. I haven't had many weird cravings lately, but I'm still hungry a lot of the time. It is also disgustingly hot in Singapore currently (average "feels like" temperature of 100-degrees, with 60-70% humidity), so I've been spending a lot of time in the pool and indoors. The heat and humidity make me feel and look like a swollen mule. I am so excited to be back in Minnesota this summer! Linna, "the bump", and I will be flying back on Friday, and will stay in Minnesota until mid-August. I'm looking forward to our parents being able to see "the bump" in-person for the first time. The baby is almost 6 oz., and is the size of an onion! Can you believe we're actually going to WAIT to find out this baby's gender?! See you soon Minnesota peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment