Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Baby saigh #2 pregnancy: 37 weeks.

Mama Saigh at 37 weeks and 6 days with Baby Saigh #2.
I'm beginning to wonder if I will EVER have this baby. Last week, I was CERTAIN that he or she would make her debut before 38 weeks. But here I sit at 37 weeks and 6 days, and I'm STILL pregnant. I've been dilated to 3cm and 70% effaced for at least two weeks, having lots of pretty strong contractions (but nothing regular), pressure in my nether-regions beyond belief, lots of baby movement... But no active labor. My water broke at 38 weeks and 1 day with Linna, but I guess this baby needs some extra time to "cook".

This week, I've been incredibly uncomfortable and super crabby. But, on the morning of the last day of my 37 weeks, I literally feel completely normal. No vag pressure, no strong contractions... NOTTA! Could this be the calm before the storm?! I'm so anxious for my water to break, and I think about it all the time. Will I have painful contractions before my water breaks, or will my water just break without any regular contractions like it did with Linna? We have family on stand-by to come stay with Linna whenever I go into labor, but I seriously worry about not making it to the hospital in time for my epidural. I can't imagine having this baby without one, as I had one with Linna, and her birth was a very pleasant experience. Earlier this week, I was having a lot of strong contractions and cramping, where I thought "this is it", but then they just tapered off. I am also vomiting every night before I go to bed. It's so gross, but as soon as I lay down in bed, I have to get up to throw up. It doesn't matter if I only have water a few hours before bed, or a meal. I still puke, and it's awful.

The baby is incredibly low, so it's like I'm walking around with a bowling ball between my legs. This makes for a pretty sexy walk. While I'm feeling better since I caught a horrible cold over a month ago, I still have my cough. On a positive note, Linna is now sleeping in her own bedroom every night and ALL the way through until morning. We are so proud of her. I'm actually able to share our bed with my husband again. I have my 38-week check-up Thursday afternoon, and I'm anxious to see if I'm progressing at all. My doctor says that I can schedule an induction on Thursday for when/if I reach 39 weeks, and I'm not sure what I want to do. I was all about being induced with Linna because we were so excited to meet her, but I feel like I'm a little more relaxed with this baby. I know the baby will come when the baby is ready, but I also don't want to push out a 41-week, 10-pounder (the doctor says the baby is measuring right on track). Plus, I'd love to enjoy Thanksgiving Day (my due date and FAVORITE holiday) with my family and the new baby... NOT in the hospital. We'll just take it one day at a time. Every day is a waiting game around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment